|ADHD Bipolar Disorder Learning Disorders Trauma Nutrition Medical The Book Store Educational Products Professional Products Workshops Ph.D. Internships Discussion Forum Web News E-mail: Family Clinic Our Favorite Links Token Joe on ADHD||
The following information is excerts from Dr. Ray Sahelian, M.D.'s book: Mind Boosters: A Guide to Natural Supplements that Enhance Your Mind, Memory, and Mood. To achieve the full benefits of his recommendations, we urge you to read his book completely. Also, please read our disclaimer before preceding further.
Supplements for Alzheimer's Disease
The actual causes of Alzheimer's Disease is still unknown to scientists, but the following tips have been known to help.
1. Improving mood by using herbs and nutrients.
2. Making sure brain cells get enough blood.
3. Using antioxidants.
4. Using DHEA, estrogen, and testosterone for hormone therapies.
5. Lowering homocysteine levels with therapy with B vitamins.
6. Using pharmaceutical drugs to block the breakdown of acetylylcholine.
7. Providing acetylcholine precursors.
8. Using agents such as ibuprofen or aspirin to provide anti-inflammatory.
9. Doing light therapy, and changing sleeping patterns.
10. Using CoQ10 and acetyl-L-carnitine to enhancing cellular energy.
Now following is an explanation of the probable benefit of the above.
Conclusion- While these things may help be extra careful while combining nutrients, and do not use all at once. Start at low doses, eventually adding other nutrients. Do not combine gingko, vinpocetine, fish oils, and aspirin using high doses. It is hard to determine effects on patients when a lot of nutrients are combined.
If you liked Dr. Sahelian's recommendations, we urge you to read his entire book: Mind Boosters: A Guide to Natural Supplements that Enhance Your Mind, Memory, and Mood. It is avialable at most book stores and at Amazon.com.